Frequently Asked Questions on BETC
Ans: BETC stands for BODEX Experience Translation Connector.
Ans: BETC currently works with Adobe Experience Manager and Lingotek.
Ans: BETC provides a seamless mechanism to translate content within AEM Authoring environment.
Enter title here
Ans: Yes, BETC use Adobe recommended best practices for Translations and uses Adobe Recommended Framework for Translations ie TIF Translation Integration Framework.
This not only assures compliance with Adobe mandates but also assures smooth upgrades to newer versions of AEM.
Ans: Yes, BETC can deployed with current AEM versions (AEM 6.4, 6.3 and 6.2).
Ans: Yes, Translation is carried out using parallel processes, to perform the faster translation. A lot of clever hacks are included to make it work blazing fast!
Ans: BETC can be downloaded from Adobe Package Share OR HERE. You will need to get credentials from Lingotek [www.lingotek.com]
BETC is an AEM Package that gets deployed on an Author Instance.
In order to communicate with the Lingotek, Cloud services are needed to be configured first then authors can choose Human or Machine translation mode via Projects or Sites console. Detailed Instructions to Deploy the package are here Learn More
Ans: You can configure your BETC’s proxy by following this step
PRE-Requisites – Things you will need:
- for AEM Version.
- AEM 6.2.
- AEM 6.3.
- Proxy URL/IP address.
- Proxy Port No.
- Proxy UserName & Password
Configuration on AEM Instance – To ensure the working of proxy: (Also refer to image below)
- Perform basic configuration
- Login to AEM Instance.
- Open url : http://hostname/system/console/configMgr (full qualified domain-name or IP Address)
- Search for “Bodex Experience Translation Connector Factory” and open it.
- Select Enable Proxy to “YES”.
- Add Proxy url/ip in “Proxy Host”.
- Add Proxy Port No. in “Proxy Port”.
- Add “Proxy USERNAME”, if Required.
- Add “Proxy Password”, if Required.
- If proxy uses “HTTPS” protocol, then select “HTTPS” to “YES” Save Configuration.